Monday 12 September 2011

MTVU Interview With Grieves


Hit the jump for the interview or jump to MTVU to read it. Enjoy.



1. Tell us about your craziest touring experience.
One time, when I was in Malmo, Sweden, we finished our set and went to the after party where they were having hip hop karaoke with a live band. I went up with the homie, Chords, and rapped the song “bow down” by Westside Connection to its entirety. After I finished and got off the stage, a group of Swedish graffiti goons surrounded me and told me that they were gonna beat my ass, because I came into their town and told them to bow down. After all my attempts to diffuse the situation, I was sure I was gonna catch a good old overseas ass-whooping. Fortunately they were alcoholics, and my open bar tab got me out of trouble. Pretty funny stuff.

2. What type of college class would you’d most want to take and why?
I would like to take a mechanic class. I’m sick of not knowing about my car!

3. What city in America is the most fun to visit and why?
Minneapolis! Great people, great food, beautiful women, and the best hip hop label in the game!

4. What’s some of the best advice you were ever given?
First impressions can be last impressions.

5. What’s in heavy rotation in your MP3/CD player right now?
Bad Rabbits, D’Angelo, Bilal, Notorious B.I.G., Will Smith…. Always Will Smith.

6. The last good book you read or TV show you’re addicted to?
Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz And the only show to watch… SWAMP PEOPLE!

7. What’s the first concert you ever saw - how was it?
It was some dude named Ronnie Rice. My parents took me. It sucked. But at least I learned what bad music was that day.

8. What are three items you can’t live without on tour?
Oxygen
Shake weight
16 and Pregnant

9. Who are your major musical influences?
Al Dreen, Wu Tang, D’Angelo, Sam Cooke, Rhymesayers, J Dilla, Bill Whithers, Gangstarr, Westside Connection and all that good stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All media featured on this page is claim to the rights of it's owners. I do not claim the rights of any information or media above. This blog and it's media and information is for entertainment purposes only. Files should not be kept longer 24 hours, unless nonprofit. Support the artist, buy the music.