Thursday 23 February 2012

JaeWon - Long Live The King


JaeWon just dropped his second single from the upcoming mixtape Hometown Hero. You can check out the first track here and hit the jump for lyrics. Enjoy!




Chorus:
Close my eyes as I fall //
thinking "I showed 'em all!" //
they can't take this away from me now (from me now) //

Hear them all cheer for him //
singing LONG LIVE THE KING //
they can't take this away (they can't take this away)
from me now... //

Verse 1:
Yes, feel like I'm fresh out the bonfire //
heart of a lion, ironfists of a scarred fighter //
part tiger, glowing eyes of a darksider //
as I balance on a barbed wire through the hard times //

persistent and patient //
dressed up in confidence, twisted and crazy //
the kids tell the tale of a renegade spirit //
they all thought went away, but he never did, did he? //

nah, I'm still here and my vision's still alive //
I've already been to Oz, looked the wizard in the eyes //
like I know I've got a heart but something's missing in my life //
so my eyes pointed up, blowing kisses at the sky //

as I dedicate this to all my angels who never made it //
and say a prayer for the brave ones who kept the flame lit //
through our darkest hours and toss some flowers //
inspired by their journey, we embark on ours... // (Yeah!)

Chorus.

Verse 2:
No matter what they tell ya this is really me //
trying to hold my own, in a town where they won't let you breathe //
where loyalty means a guillotine //
and they even pick our pennies out the wishing well just to kill our dreams //

always trying to make sure my confidence wearing thin //
like the DEA, they don't want to see the hero win //
but I still get up on that stage like I don't fear a thing //
try to keep me on the ground, bitch, I'll grow a pair of wings //

and spread 'em wide, flying high over the city //
where people still look down on me like I don't really fit in // (BUT)
I don't give a shit though, wouldn't mind getting grimey //
so give me your best competitor, I'll show you where to find me //

and if I ever fail I just pray that I did //
what I could, put a smile on the face of my kids //
told my wife that I loved her everyday, that I'll live //
for her love eternally, all rise for the king... // (Now...)

Chorus (x2).

Find JaeWon On: Twitter, Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All media featured on this page is claim to the rights of it's owners. I do not claim the rights of any information or media above. This blog and it's media and information is for entertainment purposes only. Files should not be kept longer 24 hours, unless nonprofit. Support the artist, buy the music.